Frequently asked questions
Where can I purchase Skunk Sifters Dry Sift Screens?
Currently the only place you can buy our Dry Sift Screens is by contacting us either via our website's Live Chat, email or by direct messaging any of our social media accounts. We only require an email address, contact number and details of your order so we can send you a safe & secure PayPal invoice. This can be completed whenever you are able to do so, but will expire after 48 hours (from time sent).
Bank Transfer is also accepted, however we will require full shipping details from you via email. Please include the following details so we can have your order sent out as soon as possible; Full name, shipping address, contact number and email address for order tracking.
For the fastest response, contact our Instagram page through a direct message with your enquiry. Scroll down to find our Social Media links for a speedy jump!
All the way at the very bottom of every single page we have on our website!
What order should my Dry Sift Screens be used?
Starting from the bottom, our Dry Sift Screens should be used in the following order ONLY: 75u, 149u, 165u, 250u.
Can I use my Dry Sift Screens in Reverse order?
Short Answer: No
Long Answer: Not exactly, but just like most things, there's more than one way to do it! Be sure to research various methods and experiment for yourslef what works best for you and produces the best results.
Can I use wet/live/frozen starting material in my Dry Sift Screens?
No. Hense why they are called "Dry Sift" Screens... In all seriousness though, they can be used as trim trays for wet or dry trimming, but when wet/live/fresh frozen material is used it is not for the originally intended purpose of the screens. When wet, the medicinal extract you are hoping for will not fall through the mesh as you would expect with dry material. To get the most out of your material when using our screens, ensure the starting material has been sufficiently dried to the same moisture level you would dry to before curing. You can also use cured dry material too, which will also produce a very high quality end result.
If you do use our screens as a trim tray with wet material, then be sure to clean well straight after use. The greasy resin may be coating the mesh, which will need to be removed before their next use.
How do I use my new Dry Sift Screens?
Below, we have listed basic instructions on how to use our Screens of Dank. Head over to our Blog for detailed instructions! You can also check out our tutorial video on YouTube by searching "Skunk Sifters" in the search tab.
1. First, find a suitable, clean surface in which to work on (preferbly glass or something similar, such as a granite worktop) and stack your Skunk Sifters Dry Sift Screens on top. Ensure they are stacked in the correct order.
2. Place your starting dry material into the 250u "work screen" ensuring there are no thick/sharp stems or branches within, as these can damage the screen. Smaller/thin stems and petioles can be left.
3. Move it all around! Being an artisan has never been so easy! Simply move your material around and around and all over the screen until the large material in the screen has started to break down. DO NOT PUSH/PRESS THE MATERIAL DOWN ON THE SCREEN! Doing this will not collect medicine quicker but actually give you a poor grade and highly contaminated end product. Moving the material in the correct fashion for too long, until all is dust will also leave a poor grade/highly contaminated end product. Gently move it around until the starting material starts to break down considerably, checking the screen below for too many contaminants every so often as you go. Some contaminants are expected to be found on the 165u screen, with it being directly below the workscreen, but this can later be cleaned by utilizing our 75u screen for "static-tech". It can also be used as it is for edibles. And that's all it takes! The material itself will take care of knocking the midicine off.
Ensure you use the whole area of the screen and not just the centre; using the maximum coverage of the screen will allow the medicine to fall though the top screen and onto the screen below without a build up in the centre. If a large build up occurs, it will prevent any more material from passing through, giving you an inconsistent grade of end product.
4. Collect your precious medicine!
Take off the 250u work screen and start collecting your dry sift/kief. Using a plastic or metal card (bank cards are most commonly used), scrape as much medicine as you possibly can into the centre of the screen. Once this is achieved, sweep the remaining amounts from around the edges and within the screen into the centre pile using the provided anti-static brush. Using this will ensure you take the maximum yield with minimal dry sift left behind!
Once it has all been collected into a nice pile, carefully scoop it up with the card you previously used and place into a suitable container for storage/curing. Repeat on each screen below. Do not remove any screens until all of your dry sift has been collected/removed.
Don't forget the trichome heads will filter all the way through to the surface your Dry Sift Screens are placed on, so that will also need to be collected. Be careful not to touch this last layer of medicine when removing the bottom screen.
How do I clean my Dry Sift Screens?
For best cleaning results, follow these instructions carefully. Do not use warm/hot water.
To clean the mesh screen; Use a high % of clean alcohol such as food grade isopropyl or another food grade alcohol. Be sure to use a lint free cloth as this won't leave any microfibres in the mesh screen.
To clean the frame; use and a weak dish soap solution with COLD water and a cloth or sponge. DO NOT soak the coth or sponge, simply dampening it is all that's required to clean the frames. If you're using a sponge, DO NOT use the abrasive, rough side as this can scratch and damage the protective coating on the wood.
Be sure to use only cold water as heat encourages the resin to stick even more and fuse to the screen/frame, thus becoming harder to remove. DO NOT touch the wooden frame with alochol or an alcohol soaked cloth as this could melt off and/or damage the protective coating on the wood.
Will I have to pay any Customs Tax?
We are not liable for any customs taxes. If you are outside of the UK, please check your local customs tax laws before making a purchase. This way, you won't be stung with an unexpected customs charge to release your order at the border.
I'm not in the UK, do you ship to my country?
YES! Worldwide shipping is available. Please contact us and provide order details, the country of destination and also your (or a nearby) zip code so we can find out the shipping cost for you right away.
How can I contact you?
Please contact us via any of the following options;
- Our Website's Live Chat (please bare in mind our working hours or fill in the contact form within the chat so we can get back your enquiry).
- Email us at SkunkSifters@outlook.com and we'll get back you as soon as we can!
- Instagram Direct Message. You can find us on IG by searching @SkunkSifters and giving us a follow! Our social links are also listed at the bottom of our website.
- Facebook Direct Message. You can find us on FB by searching @SSifters and giving us a follow! Our social links are also listed at the bottom of our website.
- You can also fill out the contact form on our
Contact Us page. Click the link to head there now.